We have made some changes to the Chatswood timetable starting from March 1 (Sunday). Other location times stay the same.
- White to Green belt classes have changed to White to Blue belt
- Wednesday 3.30pm class removed, 4.30pm class changed from blue belt poomsae to White to Blue Belt
- NEW Wednesday 6.30pm General (All belts and levels class) to try to alleviate the pressure on Thursday 6.30pm
- NEW Wednesday 7.30pm Adults class
- Thursday 3.30 and 4.30pm classes pushed back to 3.40pm and 4.40pm
- NEW Girls and Ladies Taekwondo class 10am Saturday at Zido Hub taught by Master Gem Zhang and Assistant Winny Li
- NEW Foundation class 11am Saturday at Zido Hub
- Saturday sparring class has been broadened to yellow belt and up (u14)
8th march comp
Please send Master ZiChuan the registration form by Sunday 1 March (send a photo is fine)
Master Gem Zhang is a 4th Dan Black Belt recommended to us by Winny (they train together at UNSW).
Gem has done taekwondo for around 14 years and has taught kids classes for her original dojang for a number of years. She moved to Sydney in 2019 to study Masters of Media/Journalism at UNSW. Gem also trains with Instructor Andy and other members of the national poomsae team.
Our club is 50/50 male female and we have been looking for a female instructor for a while, we're excited to have Master Gem on board!
Our coaching team is now more robust with 3 Masters (Steve, ZiChuan, Gem), 2 Instructors (David, Andy, with Sydney on leave to USYD) and 5 Assistants (Daniel, Sebastian, Winny, Annie, Mel).
Master Gem will be taking female only class and Fundamentals class at Chatswood plus some more assistance for the other Saturday Chatswood classes.
Krav Maga with Master Jeson
MJ brought his vast range of experience and shared it with the group along with different perspectives and some same perspectives shouted in a different way.
The session was so well received we will be inviting Master Jeson back on the 23rd and 24th of May to run more in depth (and physical) Krav Maga courses including a special course for parents who want to learn some simple but very practical self defence.