Entries close for the Nationals on Monday 11 October
Please see the file for comp details, where to enter, which club name to pick etc
Please note if you entered the State comp in April you have an your Australian Taekwondo number, unfortunately the web page I set up with the numbers crashed and AT is updating the website so I can't access the numbers/get new ones for period who don't have one... But let me know and we'll find a way.
11 October interim timetable
It has taken a while and a number of calls/emails to confirm what we are allowed to do next week but we are finally able to confirm our timetable for 11 October (until the next time the rules change...)
Apologies for the delay in publishing the reopening timetable.
We can confirm classes will resume in the dojang for fully vaccinated students.
However, there are big question marks for kids (who cannot be vaccinated)
Below is a summary of the information on the NSW Government website.
The new Premier mentioned there were issues with the reopening roadmap that was a key focus.
We are hoping that we get some clarification in the next few days.
A quick update. We are currently working on the timetable from 11 October on wards, this is the expected date that restrictions will be eased.
We will do this in 3 stages
From 11th October, 30 min one on one reviews will only be available for students who remain 100% online
More details (and timetable) will come in the next few days
Grading bookings are now set up.
There are 3 options this time
Book grading at Book Grading and Events
Small Group Park classes
Online Poomsae Comps
There are a few online comps around. Selina, Isaac and I just entered one this week.
If you'd like to do an online poomsae comp (basically you record the poomsae and submit) let me know and I'll keep you in the loop.
Australian Nationals (poomsae) is scheduled to be an online comp in November
Coming out of lockdown
Two clear issues we are thinking hard about:
So far there are 2 stages for coming out of lockdown.
13 September - outdoor gatherings of up to 5 vaccinated people (16yo+) are allowed
Undisclosed date - when the state hits 70% double dose for 16yo+
We hope everyone is going well and keeping active
There's so much tantalising talk of restrictions ending but let's keep in mind "70% double dose" vaccination is on track for end of October so there are still a couple of months ahead. And even then who knows.
One glimmer is "5 vaccinated people can gather outdoors" from September 19 - we will see how this translates to kids who are too young to be vaccinated. We'll update once we know.
New outdoor locations
Thanks to the people who replied to the last email letting me know they're outside the 5km zone.
I called Service NSW last week and confirmed that we can travel to teach one on one classes (except of LGAs of concern).
As a result we have added a number of locations for our private classes and one on one reviews.
Available locations for private classes/one on one reviews
Book via the portal:
Belt pick up
If you would like to collect your belts, we can arrange contactless pick up from the dojang.
If you live too far from the dojang please let me know and we will post them to you
Certificates will be ready soon and we'll do similar
Top 10 scores
Congratulations to the people below for their hard work!
6. Roelene, Fuschia
7. Christine Jiwon
8. Kyoung Lim, Andrew, Sergio, Emily (NSG)
10. Alex (Elly's brother)
Great job to everyone continuing training, we hope you're feeling the benefits! Also great to see some family members getting involved too :) We have added a 7.30pm Tuesday night class too for people who can't make the 6pm classes.
As hinted in the title of the previous post we expected lockdown to extend and it has.
Currently it is set to July 30, we are currently planning it'll be until end of August.
1) Some people will want to suspend memberships (please use the link emailed to you)
2) If you can't live without TKD and want resume training from home contact us and we can end the suspension
3) More people will want to do 1 on 1 private classes in the park (contact us to arrange)
4) For members continuing, we are bringing back free one on one review sessions to help you improve even more during lockdown! (Watch the member portal next week for time slots once we've figured out how to implement this...)
Coming out of lockdown (whenever that is) some expectations from last time:
1) Smaller class capacity
Changes announced today reducing small group classes from 10 to 2 people.
This means we can only do private classes in person for now
Congratulations to the 107 students who have attended online/small group classes during this shutdown period.
We hope you've enjoying the training schedule we put together for the last 2 weeks.
As of yesterday the leader board is pretty close! Since 28 June (less than 2 weeks ago):
Isaac and Justin lead the table with 21 classes
Emma, Alex and the Geberts 16 classes
Jasmine (15 classes) and Jonathan (14 classes) round up the top 10
A quick note with the schedule for next week.
We've kept a number of lunch time classes for our adult WFH students and we've rearranged the timetable to focus back on after school sessions since school is going back to online learning for week 1.
Suspensions have been extended until 16th July and payments have been pushed out
Timetable for today until 16th July
Rain is forecasted for the weekend so no outdoor training until Tuesday next week.
Like last week we will see how things go with the shutdown situation.
For this week:
- Outdoor training on Tuesday (Chatswood), Wednesday (Beacon Hill), Thursday (Lindfield), Friday (Chatswood - forecast to rain).
- Evening classes moved to 6pm
- When looking for online classes make sure the filter is set to "All Locations"
- For those continuing training during lockdown, no limit to online class attendance :)
- Full schedule on the member's portal
What happens after Friday?
1) It depends if we are out of lockdown or not.
2) Government will probably tell us Thursday but full details will not come out until Friday.
3) We need to know the full details before we can confirm Saturday onwards. Last year there were strict attendance limits (10 per class) when coming out of lockdown. We need to see if it will be the same this time.
4) When we do get back to class everyone will need to book attendance using the our Member's portal PLUS use the ServiceNSW QR Code
5) Members please check emails from email@example.com on Friday night.