Great job to everyone continuing training, we hope you're feeling the benefits! Also great to see some family members getting involved too :) We have added a 7.30pm Tuesday night class too for people who can't make the 6pm classes.
As hinted in the title of the previous post we expected lockdown to extend and it has.
Currently it is set to July 30, we are currently planning it'll be until end of August.
1) Some people will want to suspend memberships (please use the link emailed to you)
2) If you can't live without TKD and want resume training from home contact us and we can end the suspension
3) More people will want to do 1 on 1 private classes in the park (contact us to arrange)
4) For members continuing, we are bringing back free one on one review sessions to help you improve even more during lockdown! (Watch the member portal next week for time slots once we've figured out how to implement this...)
Coming out of lockdown (whenever that is) some expectations from last time:
1) Smaller class capacity
Changes announced today reducing small group classes from 10 to 2 people.
This means we can only do private classes in person for now
Congratulations to the 107 students who have attended online/small group classes during this shutdown period.
We hope you've enjoying the training schedule we put together for the last 2 weeks.
As of yesterday the leader board is pretty close! Since 28 June (less than 2 weeks ago):
Isaac and Justin lead the table with 21 classes
Emma, Alex and the Geberts 16 classes
Jasmine (15 classes) and Jonathan (14 classes) round up the top 10
A quick note with the schedule for next week.
We've kept a number of lunch time classes for our adult WFH students and we've rearranged the timetable to focus back on after school sessions since school is going back to online learning for week 1.
Suspensions have been extended until 16th July and payments have been pushed out
Timetable for today until 16th July
Rain is forecasted for the weekend so no outdoor training until Tuesday next week.
Like last week we will see how things go with the shutdown situation.
For this week:
- Outdoor training on Tuesday (Chatswood), Wednesday (Beacon Hill), Thursday (Lindfield), Friday (Chatswood - forecast to rain).
- Evening classes moved to 6pm
- When looking for online classes make sure the filter is set to "All Locations"
- For those continuing training during lockdown, no limit to online class attendance :)
- Full schedule on the member's portal
What happens after Friday?
1) It depends if we are out of lockdown or not.
2) Government will probably tell us Thursday but full details will not come out until Friday.
3) We need to know the full details before we can confirm Saturday onwards. Last year there were strict attendance limits (10 per class) when coming out of lockdown. We need to see if it will be the same this time.
4) When we do get back to class everyone will need to book attendance using the our Member's portal PLUS use the ServiceNSW QR Code
5) Members please check emails from email@example.com on Friday night.
In some ways NSW has been very lucky that this is only the second lockdown since Covid19 surfaced and it is currently scheduled to end on Friday 9th July.
Looking at examples locally (Melbourne) and overseas (e.g. Malaysia) there is a high chance of the lockdowns being extended so we've designed the lockdown timetable with this in mind. Hopefully it doesn't get extended but better to be prepared.
Our read on the virus was that multiple lockdowns were a high possibility and throughout the year we invested heavily in our online streaming equipment at the Dojang as a priority over other needed items (like mirrors).
Some key points:
Some further info on masks:
1) Must be worn in Lemon Grove common areas (12 years old and older)
2) Under 12s - masks are optional during training and in general but very highly recommended
3) Over 12s - masks can be removed during strenuous exercise if required.
We are changing the activities to try to allow people to wear their mask as long as possible
Sunday 27th June white/colour belt, dan/black belt and Monday 28th June's gradings are all postponed.
We will monitor the situation and rebook the gradings as soon as possible.
Manly, Beacon Hill and Mosman classes are cancelled for this week until Saturday 2nd July (at this stage)
Chatswood/Lindfield Saturday 26th - still on
Sunday - cancelled
Monday - To be confirmed (we will decide on Sunday)
At the moment we are assessing day by day, like we were doing in the early days of the pandemic last year.
Thanks for your understanding and stay safe!
I was just thinking last night, it's been 1 year since NSW got out of lockdown (13th June 2020). Now it looks like we might be heading that way again but hopefully not.
All classes are still on (including during the holidays), holiday programs are still on and private classes are still on.
People grading on Sunday and Monday, keep an eye open in your inbox today/tomorrow for some slight timing changes.
Please check the following in light of the latest restrictions:
Some classes had higher attendance limits:
Monday 5pm, Wednesday 4.45pm, Thursday 5.30pm, Saturday 10.30am and Sunday 10am
Lindfield Saturday 10am
If you're in those classes please consider moving to a different time, if you're on the list at position 18 to 22 I will be cancelling your booking this afternoon (but giving people a chance to update/change/cancel themselves first).
We will facilitate all belts in all classes as much as possible.
Grading dates have now been set up for people wanting to grade at Chatswood and for NSG students.
Manly, Beacon Hill and Mosman students please talk to Master Steve (he will do the grading 19th/20th June at Manly/Beacon Hill/Mosman)
Thursday 17th June 7.30pm
Saturday 19th June 9am - 2pm
(Black belts) Sunday 27th June 9am - 1pm
Monday 28th June 7-8pm
You can book your desired grading time at www.chungdotkd.com.au/events
Primary school aged white belts to blue belts - we will be handing out grading invitations next week (in case you're not sure)
For adults and everyone red tip and above, you should know in your bones if you're ready or not (but feel free to ask us if you need to)
Some details for the May 22 University Open
It should be an enjoyable competition (they're all enjoyable but some more enjoyable than others)
UTS MULTI-PURPOSE SPORTS HALL (STADIUM)
745 HARRIS STREET, BROADWAY, NSW
There is some street parking e.g. on Wattle Street but it's limited to a couple of hours which might not be enough.
I usually park at Novotel Haymarket 169-179 Thomas Street Haymarket, $20 for the whole day ($15ish if you book ahead
Sparring Draw is here, the times update live as the day progresses
Poomsae competition order and list of poomsae for black belts is below
Black belts know your own poomsae and what order it is
May 22 University Open
UTS MULTI-PURPOSE SPORTS HALL (STADIUM)
745 HARRIS STREET, BROADWAY, NSW
When: Saturday 22 May. 8am weigh in, competition starts 9am
Poomsae - everyone
Kyorugi (sparring) - people turning 15 in 2021 and older
1 event e.g. sparring) - $50, 2 events e.g. (sparring and poomsae) - $60,
3 or more events (e.g. sparring, poomsae, team poomsae) - $70
Enter by Friday 7th May! https://smoothcomp.com/en/event/4571
Full details in the info pack
15% off full priced drinks at Milk Flower Chatswood
What do you need to do? Show your membership card or Chungdo Taekwondo Uniform/jacket